Creative Expression with Community effort: May Peace Prevail On Earth, North Carolina-USA
Our Girl Scout troop in conjunction with community members and patrons of the Mooresville Soup Kitchen built the Peace Pole in the attached picture.
Some interesting information about this Peace Pole is:
• The four languages are English, Spanish, Italian and Swahili
• The cross on top was hand crafted by a patron of the Soup Kitchen
• Each panel is made of 1×1 tiles
• The “cake” base and core of the Peace Pole were built by a retiree
• The parents of the Girl Scouts obtained sponsors in the community to cover all costs
• The dedication will take place on September 11th 2011 at the Mooresville Soup Kitchen
• The Mooresville Soup Kitchen feeds between 150 and 250 people each day.
Thank you in advance for any assistance / guidance you can provide,